Sunday's Worship Schedule:
Sunday, March 9 - First Sunday in Lent
8:30am New Day Contemporary Worship
10:45am Traditional Worship with Chancel Choir
Special Music: Children's Celebration Choir at both services
Sermon: "Encounters with Jesus: The Devil"
Scripture: Matthew 4.1-11
Preacher: Charlie Berthoud
8:00-10:45am Bradfield Cafe & Fellowship Time
8:30am New Day Contemporary Worship
9:40am Sunday School & Adult Education
10:30am Children's Celebration Choir
10:45am Traditional Worship
4:00pm Middle School Youth Connection
6:30pm High School Youth Connection
7:00pm Soul Sisters
Daylight Savings Time Begins Sunday, March 9th.
Remember to set your clocks AHEAD!
Tissue Collection for Allied Wellness Center Begins
Did you know that toilet tissue is one of the items not covered by food stamps? The Health Cabinet is once again sponsoring the annual Lenten collection of toilet tissue beginning Sunday, March 9th through Sunday, April 13th. Please place your tissue contribution in the narthex.
Mid-Week Lenten Supper Series: Singing Our Faith in Lent
Beginning on Ash Wednesday, March 5 and Continuing Through April 9
Supper at 5:30pm; Worship at 6:15-7:00pm
- Ash Wednesday, March 5: Potluck supper followed by worship
- Singing Our Faith in Lenten Suppers: Join us on Wednesday evenings during Lent for fellowship and reflection. We will share a meal and then join in a short worship service. The cost is $5.00 for adults and children eat FREE. Please come and invite your friends, whether or not they are members. Take this opportunity to enjoy warm fellowship and ponder God's great love for us in Jesus Christ.
- Sign up on the Coming Events bulletin board in the narthex or call the church office at 233-6297 by Monday Noon of each week.
Lenten Activities for Children & Families
- Lenten Devotionals for elementary age children and for middle schoolers are available on the Coming Events bulletin board in the narthex hallway.
- Lenten Supper Series: Join your church family for Wednesday evening supper and worship beginning on Ash Wednesday, March 5.
- One Great Hour of Sharing Fish Banks will be distributed on Sunday, March 23 and collected on Palm Sunday, April 13.
- Toilet Tissue Drive to assist the Allied Drive Wellness Center. The Health Cabinet is once again sponsoring the annual Lenten collection of toilet tissue beginning Sunday, March 9th through Sunday, April 13th.
Covenant & Westminster Choirs "Dream On" Together
The Covenant and Westminster choirs will be joining forces again this spring to participate in worship services at both congregations. Choirs will be singing a new arrangement of a hymn found in "Glory to God: The New Presbyterian Hymnal" called "Dream On, Dream On" by Michael Burkhardt. The choirs will also be singing a Kyrie from the new hymnal as well as an exciting 8-part piece titled "Witness".
As part of this collaboration, our organists will also be sharing organ benches! On Sunday, March 23, the Westminster choir and director/organist, Joe Chrisman, will come to Covenant for the 10:45am service, and Covenant organist Doug McNeel will travel to Westminster to play their 10:15am service.
Sunday, March 16 - Choirs at Westminster for the 10:15am service
Sunday, March 23 - Choirs at Covenant for the 10:45am service
Boy Scout Troop 122's Pancake Breakfast
You are invited to a pancake breakfast on Sunday, March 30th, in the Bradfield Cafe. Boy Scout Troop 122 will be serving breakfast from 7:45am-11:00am. Troop 122 has been sponsored by and friends of Covenant for nearly 50 years and would like to show their appreciation by serving breakfast and donating proceeds to Covenant's youth programs. The meal is $5.00 for adults and $3.00 for children 12 yrs. and under; family max of $20. Come and enjoy a hot breakfast along with fellowship the morning of the 30th!
Covenant Presbyterian Church
326 South Segoe Road Madison, WI 53705
(corner of Mineral Point & Segoe Roads)
Phone: (608) 233-6297
Fax: (608) 233-6489