A Covenant is Formed
The Northwest Side Church Group, Covenant's founders, wanted a family-oriented community church, one that placed "the family unit at the very core of the church's life and program." (Patton, 1994)
Our first pastoral advisor, Paul Axt, encouraged the founders' suggestion of "Covenant" for the name of our church. Paul had attended McCormick Theological Seminary and learned from research that this is a word of substantial content.
In February of 1957, Gordon Logan, Chairperson of the first building fund campaign, defined a covenant as "God's promise of blessing, to be filled upon the performance of a condition." He added, the "old farmhouse on the old East Hill site then (would become) in truth, the church with a covenant."
Covenant Presbyterian Church
326 South Segoe Road Madison, WI 53705
(corner of Mineral Point & Segoe Roads)
Phone: (608) 233-6297
Fax: (608) 233-6489