Q&A About Covenant's
Does Covenant have a Welcome Center for visitors?
The Welcome Center is located in the gathering space right outside the sanctuary and is staffed by volunteers on Sunday mornings. Stop by to ask questions, pick up a church map for locations of the Nursery, Sunday School rooms, and Adult Christian Education classes. Brochures about all church programs are found at the Welcome Center.
What is the Sunday Morning Schedule?
Is there Nursery care on Sunday morning?
Nursery care is provided for infants and children up to age three years on Sunday mornings. Follow the frogs from the Welcome Center to the Nursery.
- 8:45am to 12:15pm (or 15 minutes following the end of the service)
during the program year.
- 9:15am to 10:45am from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend.
- The nursery is located downstairs in room C101 the lower Christian Education wing.
Which worship service should I attend with my children?
Covenant Presbyterian Church has two worship services with different styles, so parents decide which service is best for their family. The 9:00am New Day Contemporary worship service is more casual and features a band and piano music. The 11:00am Traditional worship service includes organ music and the adult choir. Both services have a Children's Time and a chance for 3-year-olds through 1st graders to attend a Kaleidoscope Worship Education class after the Children's Time. The Sacrament of Communion is celebrated the first Sunday of each month.
What is Kaleidoscope Worship Education and how is it different than Sunday School?
- Kaleidoscope Worship Education is a children's class to help 3-year-old through 1st grade children learn more about the parts of the worship service to prepare them for participation in worship. Kaleidoscope is offered all year long at every worship service. Children leave for Kaleidoscope Worship Education classes after the Children's Time has ended.
- Sunday School meets from 10:00am to 10:50am from September through May and includes classes for two year olds through 8th grade children and youth. Children learn Bible stories and Christian values with songs, drama, crafts, and fellowship time. A weekly Sunday School Singing Time begins the Sunday School experience for all Kindergarten through 5th graders.
What can my child do during worship?
- 15 Ways For Parents To Involve Children In Worship
- The Children's Time is held each Sunday during Worship. It explains the morning's scripture lesson. Parents are invited to accompany their children to the chancel area for this part of worship.
- Children's Worship Bags are available at the Welcome Center and in the balcony. The plastic red, blue, clear or rainbow packets contain paper, colored pencils, bookmarks, and small handheld games.
- Children's Bulletins are available at the Welcome Center and in the balcony.
- Kaleidoscope Worship Education classes are offered for all 3-year-old through 1st grade children. These children leave the sanctuary after the Children's Time and go to room C208 in the upper Christian Education wing to learn about the parts of the worship service.
- The Lounge at the back of the sanctuary has a table with paper and drawing materials. The shelves near the table have baskets with quiet activities and books for children. The speaker in the lounge allows parents to still hear the worship service if sitting with your children.
At what age can my child celebrate
the Sacrament of Communion?
Communion is celebrated the first Sunday of every month. Covenant has an open communion table and invites and welcomes all children to partake of the
bread and grape juice. Parents and guardians decide when their children are ready to celebrate Communion.
The Children & Communion booklet gives more information for parents.
What time does Sunday School meet?
Sunday School meets from 10:00am to 10:50am for all 2-year-olds through 8th grade children and youth. Sunday School usually begins in mid-September and ends the Sunday before Memorial Day weekend.
How can I find the Sunday School classroom for my child?
Stop by the Welcome Center in the gathering space outside the sanctuary and pick up a church map. The staff at the Welcome Center can give you directions.
How can I register my child for Sunday School?
The Welcome Center has Registration Cards (or you can print one from our website) for Sunday School. We welcome church members and non-members to participate in Sunday School at any time throughout the program year. Registration Cards can be mailed or given to Children's Ministries Coordinator, Donna Monson at the church address.
What can I do on Sunday mornings when my child or children are in Sunday School?
- Adult Christian Education classes meet during the same time as Children's Sunday School.
- Relax and visit with Covenant members and friends in the Bradfield Cafe. The Cafe serves coffee, lemonade, donuts, and cheese.
- Sit and enjoy the flowers, plants, and quiet of the church courtyard.
When does the Children's Choir meet?
The K-8th grade Children's Celebration Choir meets from 10:50-11:20am in Room B103.
Are there family events that parents and children can attend together?
Covenant offers a variety of family fellowship events such as Family Game Times, Family Ice Skating, Church Greening, Family Christmas Carol Singing, and Lenten Suppers.
Does Covenant have bike racks for families who want to ride bikes to church?
There are two large bike rack in the church courtyard area. Ask at the Welcome Center for directions to the bike rack.
Who can I contact for more information about Covenant's Children's Ministries Program? Donna Monson, Children's Ministries Coordinator at 608-233-6297 x 25.